Friday, January 27, 2012

Re-creating our First Date

As many of you know, and some of you did not, Jon and I started dating in January of 2004.

Back then, we were not the exciting bunch that you know and love today. We were 16 and 18 and not very full of creative and spontaneous ideas.

Enter: January 25th.

Jon and I had been emailing and talking for a couple weeks and decided it was time for a real date so that we could get to know each other in person. We tried to set up a group activity and everyone we knew was busy :( We agreed to go out to a movie together, and the only thing playing that wasn't super lame or rated R was Cheaper By the Dozen. Jon came to pick me up and we had some time before the movie so we decided to get some food. Taco Bell was (and is) my favorite fast food place. So terrible and SO awesome. Well, that is where we went.

One 7 layer burrito, 2 taco supremes and 8 years later, here we are!

Usually on our dating anniversary we will watch Cheaper by the Dozen (the only time we ever do) and eat at Taco Bell (or some variation of this theme) but THIS year Jon came up with something new...

Yes, our first date was going out to a movie and eating crappy food, so from now on that is what we will do every January 25th - BUT it will always be a NEW movie and DIFFERENT crappy food!

First, he surprised me by taking me out to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie :) SOOOO much better than Cheaper by the Dozen! Here we are waiting for the movie to start:


  Just like teenagers...

We were ALMOST the only people in the whole theater. When the previews started this other couple came in and sat about 5 rows in front of us. We were the only 4 people there for the entire movie. So it was still ok :)

After the movie we went to In-n-Out!


I look like crap because I had a major cold, but the burger still tasted delicious at 11pm!

nom.nom.nom.


The best part of our date re-creation was me asking Jon all sorts of random questions. Just like on our first date when I asked him the color of his toothbrush. I like to get to know people in odd ways. I can't wait to see how our future first date re-creations turn out!

Now, just a highlight of our favorite pictures from this week:




Happy 8 Years!



1 comment:

Tom and Juli said...

You tow are so cute! I'm glad you had a fun anniversary date.