Sunday, January 8, 2012

Catching the Week

What a CRAZY first week of the year! And I mean literally crazy.

Although I don't want to bore you with the small details, I thought I would give you a brief synopsis:

Jon and I were both sick this week. At various times we traded off being home from work. Many times during the week we napped. We didn't even go grocery shopping this week, so meals were getting interesting near the end. I definitely ate cream of wheat with nutella for breakfast one day.

This week was also busy and full of new things! We have already discovered that we need a back up plan in the case that we FORGET to take our picture for the day. haha. That has happened twice now. Our solution has been decided as such:

On said day that the picture taking is forgotten, Steph will draw up a stick figure version of us with the highlight activity of the day. Be warned that because we weren't feeling well this week, our activities were not very exciting. I think my second picture definitely turned out better than my first... although I have a long way to go on my paint program skills. Oh, if only I had a tablet...

Ate Panda Express and rented Crazy, Stupid, Love.

Ate pasta at home and watched Alice in Wonderland
 This last picture is us after church today. Jon got me a new grey dress pea coat for Christmas! but it was late in the mail so today was the first day I could wear it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It's so perfect :D and I also decided that I'm tired of trying to grow out my bangs, so I cut them this morning. I feel SO much better already. I hated not having them! I look like me again :)

Other happenings from this week: Jon got me the new Coldplay album Mylo Xyloto. OH MAN. I can't believe I went the last four months without it. I had only heard some of the songs from the album and I was trying to hold out until Christmas to get it. Let me just tell you that I have listened to it about 6 times in the last 2 days.

Also, we have a break-the-fast tonight with our ward's "childless couples" group. I'm so excited because Jon and I are in charge of root beer floats, and so of course they will be made with Henry Weinhard's. mmmmmmmmmmm. (and Almond Milk ice cream for me!) When we were running around last night trying to pick up the dessert ingredients, we rocked out in the car to Elton John's greatest hits. Best $5 invested at Dimple Records ever.

Hope you're all having a great start to 2012!

No comments: