Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Year to Create

Happy New Year 2011!

As you will notice, I have already changed our blog header for the new year to match this year's theme:

A Year to Create

Wrapping up last year's "The Year of Awesome" we had a Batman semi-marathon with our friends Bay & Shawn and yelled to the world at midnight. It was a pretty sweet way to ring in 2011!

At last week's FHE, Jon announced this year's theme (we alternate every year picking the new year's title) and he decided that this year was a year for creation. Creative projects, creating our own success, etc.

We want to keep developing our talents together, making our apartment a home, creating better opportunities to teach in our church callings, and creating the best relationship possible for our marriage and future children to come into our family. I've also been inspired to sew a lot more this year and Jon is delving into the world of homemade bookmaking. I'm so excited for this year!

Because I don't have any pictures to start off this year with, I'm posting a video instead. It is an excerpt from a talk by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf and was directed primarily at women, but I think it applies to all people. I've posted it on this blog once before, but it definitely deserves a re-post. I hope you're all having a great and creative start to 2011!

No comments: