Friday, November 14, 2014

Portrait of a Young Boy Crawling

Jon left for work and Edwin was sitting on a blanket in front of me laughing and babbling. He just wanted to talk to me, and I was busy playing on my phone. When I looked up to babble back he smiled his huge gummy grin and I realized that right now I am his whole world! How long will that last? So I went and grabbed my camera.

I didn't do anything for the next half hour except take pictures of the kids. I got down on their level and just watched. It started with Edwin crawling all around the room, looking at the bookshelves, scrunching up the blankets, and following me around. He would turn and scoot like an inch worm to face wherever I was. He has so much concentration to army crawl to where he wants to be. I love his serious face! Most of his excited smiley faces were too fast to catch, but I'll remember them :) When Kate woke up she was so excited to show me her snow hat and Winnie the Pooh. I just let her play and talk to Edwin. It's so much more fun to observe than to coach. This is a glimpse of our snowy afternoon.








3 comments:

The BaKeRs said...

I miss them ... All of u!!
Love u guys!

The BaKeRs said...

Your littles are so freaking cute! I love them so much! They honestly are some of the most beautiful children I have ever seen! Hugs to all of you!

Lindsey and Jared said...

These are probably some of the best pictures I have seen of your kids...and that is saying A LOT because you take great pictures of gorgeous kids. I love that you took time to just observe and capture this time. It is hard to do with such a busy schedule, but you are rockin' this whole Mom/Student thing :)

XOXO