Wednesday, March 19, 2014

March Showers Bring Happy Babies

April showers bring May flowers, but I'm really glad that I won't be pregnant that much longer!

This month our whole little family was showered with love by some awesome friends.


They put together an adorable RAIN-shower themed party to help us prep for baby Alston II. The food was amazing and the colors (teal and green) were just perfect!


There were puffy pom-pom clouds and raindrops everywhere :)




I especially loved the upside down umbrellas holding the Thank-You treat!


We kept the whole thing really small. I appreciated so much the support from friends who came out to see us and make yummy food! It was great to catch up with everyone. Especially some friends I hadn't seen in over a year! I tried to get pics with everyone, but it seems I'm missing a few. Darn!

Heather

Caroline

Jenny

Brenda

Kelly & 1 month old baby Liam

I feel like I have such a marshmallow belly :) haha!

Nicolette

Breanne, awesome co-hostess!

Tiani, co-hostess and fellow bump enthusiast :)
I was also really grateful that my mom and sister could be there. It's nice to live close by family while we're adding on to ours:

My mom (Kate's Gram) and my sister Michelle
Kate loved sitting with Gram and talking about her "schu!" She's great at trying to get them on her feet all by herself.


The best part was being able to share this baby shower with Kate:


It's a whole new experience prepping for an addition to the family who will be Kate's first sibling. She has been so helpful and loves to say "baby!" while poking my belly and carries her toys around snuggling them in blankets. She was a great sport, even though she just wanted to play, got really sleepy at the end, and went around trying to eat everyone else's food:

Guilty face with leftover chocolate from the rice krispy treats
Most of the time, all the babies just wanted to climb the stairs - and Kate has become very mobile these days!

 
Luckily she had tons of little friends to keep her busy. It has been really fun to see her group of friends grow with her over the last couple years:

Emi, with Autumn in the background
 
  
Tristen and Autumn (occupying the tub)

Autumn was just hamming it up!

   
Most of the baby shower pics were taken by our great friend Nicolette, which I was very grateful for.  I really just wanted to enjoy visiting, and she helped me play with Kate and let me relax.

Caroline made awesome chicken salad sandwiches, Crystal brought a delicious fruit salad, Laurie made teal colored "Thank You" candies for the treat bags, and Tiani and Breanne went all out with avocado bruschetta, pasta salad, veggies and hummus, pink lemonade, chocolate dipped peanut butter pretzel sandwiches and chocolate drizzled rice krispy treats. They even let me make some blueberry mini muffins :) All of it was the best food ever.

Thank you to everyone for helping us build our diaper stash, and partying with us (even if it was only for a few minutes). I know a lot of friends couldn't make it, but we still appreciated the well-wishes and can't wait to share good baby news with you all soon!

No comments: