Saturday, August 10, 2013

Kate's 1st Birthday

On Saturday, August 3rd, Kate turned ONE!
 
Kate enjoying the company of super-awesome-friend, Baby Emi.
  We had a summer BBQ!
 
 
The grey and yellow polka dot runner on the table was the same one we used at my baby shower last year.
 

Michelle, Gram and Kate

Tim, Ali and Kate


Summer, Riley and Kate

Bay, Shawn and Kate



The candle in her cake was supposed to sparkle, but it wasn't feeling super jazzy that night :)


Kate wasn't sure what to do with her slice of cake when Jon handed it to her, so she stuck her whole face in it instead!





We had homemade vanilla ice cream...


Delicious lemonade and homemade root beer too!


I baked fresh chocolate chip cookies and put them in glassine bags, printed with "Thank You for celebrating with us!" on the front to match Kate's party invitations. They were taped closed on the back with red and white polka dot washi tape. I didn't get a picture of all the cookie bags in the basket before they were lovingly claimed!


Crystal, baby Emi, Kate, me and Jace

Aunt Beth, writing a note to Kate for her scrapbook.

Brenda, Jake and Kate

Brandon and Tristen (Tiani, where are you in this picture??)

The VanWagenens and The Alstons

I missed out on a TON of friend and family pictures, so if you're not here - just know that we are so grateful that you celebrated with us and next year I need to put someone other than myself in charge of pictures!

ALSO, the most humongous of THANK-YOUS goes to Ben and Breanna Baker for letting us use your home and doing SOOOO much behind-the-scenes work to make Kate's party happen. Between yard work and dishes and chopping veggies and just being all around awesome, this never would have happened without you guys. I am so sad I didn't get pictures of the Bakers because they were running around helping so much! Seriously, you guys are awesome.

We will have to "re-create" pictures with Kate in her birthday dress for sure.

Happy Birthday, Baby Kate!
 
 
We are so glad that you are part of our eternal family, and we could not have imagined a more perfect first year with you!!

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

OK, I love it! Let me say the picture of Steph and Crystal just freaks me out! You were just the little girls!
Stop growing up!!!!!!!! I insist! :) Love you all! Steph and John what a beautiful family stay close to our Heavenly Father and love each other and see each other as he see's you and keep making those beautiful babies! Love you all so much! Cindy

merrilykaroly said...

I can't believe she is already a year old!!!

Brittany Lewis said...

I love the pictures of baby Kate! Looks like an awesome party. Happy 1st bday, Kate!

BrandonandNatalie said...

Can't believe she is one! It looks like she had a great day! She is adorable!!