Monday, June 18, 2012

Manresa

This past weekend we went camping in Santa Cruz with our awesome friends!

The Weber's


The VanWagenen's


And the Taylor's (who were very tired...)

 
Oh, and here we are!
 

Day one was mostly setting up camp, eating and watching the ocean. We tried to make it in time for the sunset but barely missed it!

The next day we were on the beach from about 11am - 5pm.

The boys (of course) decided to dig a giant hole:


Jon went skim boarding...


And our friend Terra who lives in Santa Cruz came to visit us and play!!


I officially made it to 34 weeks (and still camping!) I'm telling you, this baby is going to love everything awesome; the mountains, the beach, fudge jumbles and dutch oven chili!

Also, thanks to Noelle and Joey for my awesome new maternity swimsuit ;)


Sunset day 2
 

Even though we had AMAZING weather, it was still pretty chilly. The sun was nice, but it was WAY too cold for me to get in the water. I'm just grateful that for being on a Nor Cal beach we didn't have cloudy skies the whole time.

Anyway, there are a TON more pictures on FB, there were just too many to upload here on the blog. We had such a fun time and are really grateful that we had this last mini vacation before baby A gets here (only 6 more weeks!) We love our group :)


In other news, we celebrated Father's Day!


Breakfast in the morning was spent with my family, making my dad blueberry pancakes :)

We attended our Fair Oaks ward for church to hear one of our favorite youth give his mission farewell talk. AMAZING. He is going to Guatemala and will be a fantastic missionary!

Then we had dinner with the Alston's (where Jon and his brother had a water gun fight. At the dinner table.)

And I gave Jon this painting. It wasn't Father's Day related, but it seemed like a good day to give him something personal that I've been working on. (Thank you to Jon's dad for helping me learn about shading and color!) Green is Jon's favorite (hence the background) and the way I see it, the house is a metaphor for life. I made the painting look unfinished on purpose, because I feel like we're still building our story. And the quote says "I don't like walking around this old and empty house...  So hold my hand, I'll walk with you my dear"


It's based on his favorite song by Of Monsters and Men - you can listen to it here!

Jon said he thinks the painting would be awesome to hang in the baby's room. Hopefully the room will be ready to take pictures of in the next couple weeks and I'll post them on the blog.

I can't wait for the next part of our life adventure!

2 comments:

lilbailey said...

Aww, your maternity swimsuit is so cute! I'm glad you got one (as a present to boot). And a Wild Terra sighting!
I like your painting very much! Yay for Baby Shower this weekend :)

jessH said...

Looks like such a fun trip. I have got to know those vanwagmes somehow. They are from Fresno? Shelley vanwagmen was my young women's leader. Anyway can't believe your six weeks away. You look fantastic. Can't wait to see the nursery.