Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter!




Due to house-sitting for my bro and sis in law this week, as well as moving and not having much internet access, my posts lately have been rare at best. BUT I did want to take this opportunity at Easter to post about my love for our Savior and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that I'm a day late, but I really think anytime is a good time to share the good news of our Savior!

Yesterday we were able to visit our Fair Oaks ward for sacrament meeting. I'm so glad that we did! We were able to see a few people that we haven't talked to in a while and the messages shared were very heartfelt. I know we have officially moved away, but I guess we needed to ease into the separation at a slow rate...

Then we headed over to Jon's parent's house (our new place) for Easter dinner. My niece had a little Easter egg hunt in the backyard and then she and I made deviled eggs together. Afterward we visited my family - where we were totally spoiled with Easter baskets and candy! Margo even got a new little purple food bowl. What a lucky pup!

But even with all of that, the best part was taking the day to remember the sacrifice of our elder brother to come to Earth, live as a perfect example for us, teach us to love one another, then die for our sins and be resurrected so that we ALL can have the opportunity for eternal life with our Heavenly Father. I am SO grateful for the atonement in my life and the blessing that it is so that I can do better every day and repair the broken parts of myself. I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who knew that we would make mistakes, and planned a way for us to pay the debt that we couldn't on our own.

I am also very excited for the blessing of motherhood and the opportunity that I have to be a parent with Jon to a little son or daughter of God and to teach them about all these miraculous things! It's hard to believe that in just 3 more months our little baby will be here! It is a wonderful life, and I am thankful for it every day.


HAPPY EASTER!!

No comments: