Thursday, April 12, 2012

27

Yesterday Jon turned 27!!

Since we have been house-sitting for my older bro and sis-in-law this week, I had to be pretty sneaky with improvising birthday plans :) I think I did a pretty good job if I do say so myself!

The morning of Jon's birthday I woke up early to make him a cake (chocolate fudge with rainbow chip frosting).


I decorated the counter with a birthday banner and green streamers so that when he got home from work he would be surprised!


I had school that evening right after work, so I set out the present from Margo (new socks!) and a card from me (with a check of our returned security deposit from our apartment, heck yeah!) and let Jon enjoy his spoils (and take a nap) until my class was over.


 For dinner I took him out to Benihana! We hadn't been there since my senior ball in 2005, so we were long overdue for some amazing food that we watch our chef play with before serving. We had SUCH an awesome time! Everything was delicious and the group next to us was ALSO celebrating a birthday, which made it fun, although their version was full of a lot of sake bombs. It was just awesome to go on a date and enjoy his birthday together!

Jon was even given chocolate ice cream for dessert and was sung to! I'm sure he was most excited about the fact that he didn't have to share his ice cream with me at all ;) I had sorbet.


At Benihana when it is your birthday they take a picture of you with the person(s) you came with and print it out right there! Of course this is just a picture of the picture with my cell phone, but you get the idea:


HAPPY 27th BIRTHDAY JON!

I know this is going to be the best year ever :)

1 comment:

Brittany Lewis said...

Sounds so fun! You guys are going through a lot of changes right now it seems--with the move and getting ready for a baby! Make sure and go on lots of fun dates like this before your baby is born. :)