Monday, October 2, 2017

General Conference Peach Pastries

This weekend was General Conference, which also means time for baking and eating delicious food!


I've never been a huge fan of cinnamon rolls, but we do like fruity pastries around here. ;) For Sunday we decided to try a peach pastry that I had saved to Pinterest long ago.


To my dismay, I pulled up the recipe and it was all in Russian. HAHA


SO with some quick thinking, skimming, and deduction, I followed the pictures, threw in my own ideas, and came up with this recipe:

1) I bought that delightful Pepperidge Farm frozen puff pastry from the store
2) Let it thaw out
3) While the pastry dough was thawing, I pre-heated the oven to 350, and cooked up a bag of frozen peaches with butter in a medium saucepan over low heat on the stovetop. I let the peaches get thoroughly warmed and then drained the butter/juice into a bowl.


4) I cut the unfolded pastry sheets into fourths


5) Using a steak knife I sliced four corners of the square pastry pieces and made sure to leave about a half inch of the centers of each side in tact.


6) I scooped about 1/3 cup of cooked peaches into the center of each pastry square.


7) Then I connected opposite corners of each pastry border into the center to make a star-like shape criss-crossing over the peach pile.


8) Melted butter was brushed over the tops, and cinnamon sugar was sprinkled, then into the oven they went for 20-30 minutes! (until golden brown and puffed to delicious proportions)

9) Powdered sugar was sprinkled for the final snowflake effect.


These peach pastries were enjoyed by all!


The kids said such cute things like, "These are BEAUTIFUL!" and "oooh, delicious!!" :D That's definitely a win in my book!


A conference morning treat that's easy, delicious, AND beautiful?? I'll for sure be making these again! <3 p="">

No comments: