Monday, November 30, 2015

More than 27 dresses

So, as you may already know, I am a dress collector. Well, dresses and skirts. Basically, I love how classy and feminine they are. Plus they are more comfortable than pants.

Since I wear skirts and dresses at least a few times every week, I occasionally have co-students ask me why I'm dressed so fancy. Tuesdays at school are pretty common to see people in church dress, because we have a weekly devotional in the I-Center. But when I wear dresses and skirts on other days, people seem surprised.

I made a comment to a friend a few weeks back that I could probably wear a different skirt or dress every day of the month (haha), but then I actually counted how many dresses and skirts I own and accepted my own personal challenge. November 1st began the month of dresses:

Day 1
Shirt and Skirt: Target, Cardigan from H&M

Day 2
Skirt: thrifted (DI, Sacramento CA), Shirt: thrifted (EcoThrift, Orangevale CA)
These fantastic cozy grey boots ^^ that you will see in tons of the following pictures are Bearpaw boots, which were gifted to us by some amazing friends when we moved out to Idaho. I LIVE in them. 

Day 3
Skirt: handmade by Jon Alston, Boots: thrifted (DI Sacramento CA), Shirt: hand-me-down

Day 4
Dress from Nordstrom (has sleeves!) / Cardigan from JC Penney

Day 5
Skirt: hand-me-down (RMS 28th ward friend), Sweater: Target

Day 6
Dress: Charlotte Russe, Cardigan: H&M, Earrings: Charming Charlie's

Day 7
Skirt: Old Navy, Shirt: hand-me-down, Boots: thrifted (DI, Sacramento CA)

Day 8
Dress: handmade by me

Day 9
hand-me-downs (skirt, shirt, and cardigan from friends at SuiteAmerica and RMS 28th ward)

Day 10
Skirt: thrifted (DI Sacramento, CA), Shirt: H&M

Day 11
ruffle skirt: yard sale in Loomis CA ($2!)
Also, how old does Edwin look in this picture ^^ ??

 Day 12
Skirt: thrifted (DI, Sacramento CA) - fun fact; this is the same skirt I wore the day Jon and I got engaged in 2005.

Day 13
Polka dot dress: ModCloth (has sleeves!), shoes: Charlotte Russe

Day 14
Skirt: thrifted (DI, Sacramento CA), Shirt: thrifted (DI, Rexburg ID), owl necklace: Charming Charlie's

Day 15
Dress: JC Penney, Shoes: Charlotte Russe

Day 16
Skirt: from a wonderful little shop in Utah. I got it back in 2004!

Day 17
Dress: ModCloth (has sleeves!), Cardigan: JC Penney

Day 18
Anniversary day! Dress: thrifted (Roseville CA), Cardigan: gift from my mother-in-law a few Christmases ago

Day 19
Dress: ModCloth (has sleeves!), Boots: DSW (Roseville CA), Flowers: anniversary spoils from RMS 28th ward friends

Day 20
Dress and cardigan from Target


Day 21
Birthday dress 2014 sent to me by a friend - From ModCloth! (but I added the red ribbon)

Day 22
Dress from the same friend who shipped me that ModCloth beauty above ^^

Day 23
Shirt: from a friend in the RMS 28th ward, skirt: BEBE (thrifted)

Day 24
pic credit goes to Kate (HAHA!) Handmade birthday dress by Jon

Day 25
Dress is from Nordstrom, earrings from Charlotte Russe, and shirt from DownEast

Day 26 - Thanksgiving day!
Dress from Nordstrom - it has sleeves!
(Fun fact: this was also the dress I wore to my Senior homecoming dance with Jon in 2004)
Day 27
Ignore the weird face I'm making...
Dress is from a friend in the RMS 28th ward. Cardigan from H&M

Day 28
Dress: from the same friend who gave me the green sparkly dress. I love that it has sleeves! I layered up underneath because it is COLD in Idaho this week haha. Tights and tank top are from Target. Hat from Charlotte Russe

Day 29
Dress: JC Penney, Boots: DSW

Day 30!!
Dress: Charlotte Russe (Jon got it for me on my 19th birthday), Cardigan: Target

I was kind of proud of myself for having exactly enough dresses and skirts to make it through the month! Maybe I need to part with a few :'D Who needs pants anyway?

2 comments:

Lindsey and Jared said...

Could you BE any cuter!?

Meg said...

I love this! Who knew we shared a dress and skirt addiction. I recently parted with many of mine. I likely only have enough to make it through half a month of every day wear. Wait, no, probably three quarters of a month. Sad, huh? You're adorable. Next time you're in town, let's go dress shopping!