Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Fancy Finger Painting

Kate is an art junkie.


If there is anything vibrant, liquidy, of gooey texture, or particularly messy, she seeks after these things.


As such we like to give her lots of opportunities to express her creative side. Even if it ends up looking like a puddly swamp mess.


 


 I wish I had her inhibition and could enjoy being this sticky and colorful!

 
 As Jackson Pollock once said: "Painting is self discovery. Every good artist paints what he is."


Kate is colorful, bright, bold, spontaneous, fearless, fun-loving, and not afraid of what others think of her. She loves to feel and explore the world. She knows it's ok to make messes, because we can always sing the clean-up song later.


I think her life motto is: "It's always a good time for finger paints." I could really learn a lot from her :)

1 comment:

Aly said...

I love this! Hooray for discovery through art. Thank you Kate for making the world even more beautiful.