Saturday, January 10, 2015

Wynn @ 9 Months

Mr. Wynn is 9 months old!


At his Dr. check up he weighs 16lb 11oz and is 27.75 inches long. Such a little guy! He is pretty true to size wearing 9-12 month clothing and size 3 shoes.
He currently has two bottom teeth and his canines are breaking through on top. Pretty soon we'll have a little vampire baby with fangs!

Some of his talents are:

sleeping through the night (MOST of the time)


napping like a boss:

 
crawling around, picking up things with his fingers, babbling constantly (saying things like, "na na na na na" "mamama" and "uh-duh-uh-duh-uh-duh!") scattering Margo's dog food around the kitchen, playing dress up with Kate,

 
and pulling himself up to standing... (see: getting into trouble)


Edwin loves to:

take baths, have his head rubbed, chew on his fingers, play in Margo's crate, be snuggled,


look at books


chew on things (especially the lid to my water bottle),


and help me grade papers (lid of my water bottle in hand)...



It wouldn't be a day of school work without Edwin under my chair.

His favorite toys are:

Margo's ball, Margo's bone,


the lid to my water bottle, anything he can do with Kate (like when he crawled himself up on the penguin sled and Kate started pulling him around the house)

 
and anything that rattles or makes noise.

Edwin strongly dislikes:

any and ALL baby food, being left in a room all by himself, and having dirty diapers of any kind.

Edwin is an explorer and really likes to figure things out. He is super observant and takes his time. When it comes to food he would much rather chew on slices of things than be spoon fed.


In case you think that Edwin is always smiles and perfection, let me tell you that he can get super ANGRY. Mostly when he doesn't get his way or when he is hungry.

This week Edwin had his first real cold. It's been so sad to hear his relentless cough. Most of my week has been wrestling a miserable, dramatic, snotty, teething baby:




Thankfully it's only been a couple of days and it looks like he's on the mend. Kate had this same thing last weekend and her cough is finally on the out.

It's really cute to have a sleepy baby follow me around and just watch me because he wants to know I'm there (like when I'm vacuuming)


But I'm really looking forward to having happy baby Wynn back!


We are so thankful for Edwin in our family and look forward to many more smiles as we head toward birthday #1!


1 comment:

Lindsey and Jared said...

Soooooo sweet! He is absolutely gorgeous. The picture of him on the sled with Kate pulling him around made me laugh so hard. What cute kids you have.

And GOOD LUCK with the food. Man, I remember that like it was yesterday. Yay for independent babies, right? ;)